Monday 22 February 2016

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Published: Bloomsbury Children's, May 5th, 2015
Pages: 416
Source: Hardcover, purchased
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 4.5/5

How I Felt: I loved this book. I don't think it's as good as the Throne of Glass series but it's still amazing. I love Feyre and this world. It's so intriguing and filled with mystery, this book left me second guessing everyone and I loved that.

Tamlin is beautiful and perfect, I just  love him so much my heart is melting. Lucien was amazing, his banter with Tamlin and Feyre was hilarious. I don't quite know how I feel about Rhysand. I'm definitely on team Tamlin at this point.

I didn't give this book a full five stars because the beginning was really slow for me. It took me a while to get through those opening chapters. But the ending was a complete 180. It was my favourite part of the book, I could hardly breathe while reading those chapters.

The three trials with Amarantha were amazing and action packed. When we first get to know the riddle, I knew the answer right away just because it was so obvious, but I enjoyed getting to watch Feyre figure it out.

THE ENDING HAD ME CRYING SO HARD IT WAS PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL AND ALL I COULD ASK FOR. I was the happiest camper you ever did see at that point. I can't wait to see where it continues in A Court of Mist and Fury!

I can't wait to pick up the second book and see where this story goes next! I'm also excited to learn more about this world! Sarah is basically the queen of writing about faeries.

I recommend this if you like fantasy, but it is one of those books where you either love it or you hate it. I definitely loved it.


 

Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

*Info on book taken from Goodreads.com*
*Images takes from Google.ca 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts