Thursday 31 July 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Books That Made you Cry


Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey or GingerreadsLainey on YouTube. This week's topic is about books that made you cry. When I read books I don't cry that often, but there have been those special few that have moved me to tears. I never got a chance to post this yesterday. (oops) These are in no particular order by the way.

1. The first book is Allegiant by Veronica Roth, the third and final book in the Divergent trilogy. Since it was the last book in a series I'm not going to talk too much about the plot because of spoilers, you just need to know that by the end of this book I was a wreck and went into a reading slump for a week, but I did enjoy the book overall and Divergent will always have a special place in my heart.








2. Of course this book had to make the list: The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Almost everyone has read this book now so I'm not going to go into full detail, but it follows the story of two teenagers who are going through cancer and along the way fall in love. The biggest reason for why I cried was how the story ended, but the way the book was written also had a part in it. This book was written beautifully, like reading one giant poem. The way John incorporated metaphors was incredibly moving and sentimental. This book is definitely on its way to becoming a modern classic.






3. This book is one of my favourites of all time before it was even optioned to become a film, If I Stay by Gayle Forman. Again, a lot of people will have heard of it because it's becoming a movie. This is the story of a girl named Mia, who gets into a car crash along with her parents and brother. This story is told from two different points in time, we get to learn about her past, as well as seeing from her current point in time while she has an out of body experience. This book incredibly moving and highlights the beauty and value of life.










4. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak is such an excellently written book about a girl living in Germany during World War II. It's a tale from the other side of the story, Jews and Germans who don't support the work of Hitler. This book was so eye-opening for me and many other people, it allows you to really appreciate the things we have today, like a roof over our heads, food on the table, all things we take for granted each and everyday.










5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins isn't even a sad book but for some reason I burst out in tears every time Cricket Bell showed up in a scene. This is a really fun contemporary book I'd recommend to anyone and everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts