Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Book Sacrifice Tag

I felt like this tag would be a great way for me to let off some steam about some books I didn't like too much. Everything is just my opinion on the certain book and if you happened to like any of these that's awesome, this is just my personal opinion and I'm not trying to offend anyone. This tag was originally created on BookTube by Ariel Bissett and I thought it was an awesome idea! So here we go!


Scenario 1. You're in the bookstore when the zombie apocalypse begins, the only way to kill them is to hit them on the head with an overhyped book!


I'd definitely be grabbing Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Before I read this book I kept hearing about how wonderful and fantastic this book is so I eventually picked it up. Now while I agree its an interesting concept and the writing is beautiful I just don't think it deserves all the hype.


Scenario 2. You're at the hair salon getting a fresh new 'do when all of a sudden it starts pouring rain. What sequel do you choose to use as your umbrella?


Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick, hands down. This is the third book in the Hush, Hush saga and I absolutely hated it! It was the slowest paced book in the series and was basically just a repeat everything that happened in the first two installments.


Scenario 3. You're in English class and your teacher is droning on about a classic that you hate. Which book is the teacher talking about?


Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. This play is everyone's favourite because of the love between Romeo and Juliet but that's what made me hate this. While reading this in English class I was fuming because I was so frustrated with this story and all the characters. The romance is what through me off the most, I couldn't stand Romeo at all, I had no tolerance for him.


Scenario 4. You're at the library when all of a sudden global warming fires up, then the librarian says you must stay inside and burn whatever you can to survive. What will be the book you gladly run to burn?


First of all the idea of burning books terrifies me. But if I really had to I'd choose Allegiant by Veronica Roth. *gasp*  What?! Yes, you read correctly. I absolutely, positively hated this book. It's not because of the ending which is probably what you're all thinking, no, it's because of the book itself. It ruined the entire trilogy for me. I hated the writing, I hated the plot, the characters really started getting on my nerves etc.


Well, that's the end of that. I hope you found this tag somewhat amusing. I also hope this didn't make you hate me. Again this is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone. I'll link Ariel's original video so you can see another version, and I'll also link Christine or PolandbananasBOOKS video because that was the first one I watched and where I got the questions from.


Christine's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pEK25Z7PPs


Ariel's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_2UxYi8fOA


Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts