I'd like to start this post off by giving a big thank you to the amazing blogger who nominated me! Thank you so much Library Luv over at Beyond the Book Reviews for nominating me! You've made my day!
1. Select 15 other blogs to give the award to. You might have to do some searching, but you can find those blogs. You can’t nominate yourself or the person who nominated you.
2. Make a post to show off your award! Talk about how your blog got started and give some advice to the other bloggers out there. And share the fancy picture!
3. Comment on each blog to let the blogger know that you have nominated them.
4. Link to the original post at Edge of Night; that way, anyone can find the original guidelines and such.
How Birdie's Books Came To Be
I was thinking about making a book blog ever since I discovered such things existed. None of my friends were as obsessed with reading as I was and I just wanted to be able to have other people to talk to. I first discovered BookTube, but I didn't ever really consider it because I was too scared to put myself out there like that. Then when I discovered the blogging community, I found a way to share my opinions in a way that I was more comfortable with. I didn't immediately make a blog after I decided I wanted to because I had a hard time coming up with a cool, catchy name that wasn't already taken. I came up with Birdie's Books because Birdie is a nickname my friends gave me, and one day when I was thinking of ideas it just kind of stuck. And thus, Birdie's Books was born!
Advice (from a rookie)
I still consider myself a rookie because even though it'll be my one year bloggiversary in a few days, I still have a lot less experience than some other fantastic bloggers. But over this past year I've learned a few things from blogging.
1. Always be passionate about what you're writing.
If you're passionate, and really care about what you're writing on your blog it will show. You'll be able to tell through your posts if you really care, and not just posting this because you think you need to.
2. Always post about what you like and don't worry about what others are doing.
This is very basic advice and can be applied to anything, but it's important when writing blogs because it's often forgotten. You shouldn't ever think you need to post certain things because that's what all the big bloggers are doing or because you think that's how you'll get more followers. What's most important is that you write the kind of posts you'd like to read. Be unique and have fun with it, that's how you'll get noticed.
3. Write for yourself.
Your blog should be the embodiment of you. It's your escape from when things in you life get too hard. If you don't like the kind of stuff you're writing about, and have to start forcing yourself to write then what's the point? Be confident about your content. Read over it and make sure you like it before you publish it, if it's something you're proud of then don't worry about what others tell you.
I hope this advice helped!
1. Jay at Books by Jay
2. Evie at Prescription Fiction
3. Maddie at The Girly Geek
4. Tash at The Bookie Monsters
5. Erica at Books 4 Ev
6. Lisa at Lisabella Books
7. Ivey at The Hopeless Reader
8. Erin at The Hardcover Lover
9. Jackie at Books from Trees
10. Katie at Polished Page Turners
11. Jodie at Summer B00ks
12. Caitlin at The YA Bookworm
13. Chelsea at Beautiful Fandoms
14. Justin at Justin's Book Blog
15. Aneeqah at My Not So Real Life
Thanks for reading!
Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes Published: Harper Children's, September 2nd, 2014 Pages: 336 Source: Hardcover, purchased Ge...
Incarnate by Jodi Meadows Published: Katherine Tegen, January 31st, 2012 Pages: 374 Source: Hardcover, purchased Genre: Fantasy Rat...
If you are an author or publisher and are interested in having me review your book you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . He...
Zodiac by Romina Russell Published: Razorbill, December 9th, 2014 Pages: 319 Source: Hardcover, purchased Genre: Science fiction/fan...
Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick Published: Simon and Schuster, November 10th, 2015 Pages: 400 Source: Hardcover, purchased Genre:...