Anyhow, today I'm continuing with something I started doing last month which is wrapping up everything bookish that happened within the month of March. Feast your eyes on these lovely books!
Favourite New Releases: As always, many amazing books came out this month! My TBR pile is constantly growing so at this rate I'll be 80 and still have a million books to read but what's wrong with that right? True to my disorganized fashion, these aren't in order of release date.
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. Finally this book came out! I still haven't been able to get my hands on it but I'm so excited for more shadowhunters!
- The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins. I believe this is about a competition where the winner that kills the beast terrorizing this kingdom wins the Princess's hand in marriage. I love Wendy Higgins's writing and will always read her books.
- Burning Glass by Katheryn Purdie. Another fantasy about a girl who can feel people's emotions and is charged with protecting the King. It sounds so good and I can't wait to pick it up!
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. This is about a girl who's a sharpshooter and has to disguise herself as a boy. Just that alone makes me want to read it. Oh, and it takes place in the desert. Check, check, check.
- Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige. This is the third book in the Dorothy Must Die series and I can't wait to continue on with this series. (Also, it was announced that this series is getting a fourth book and I cry.)
- Morissa's post about Book to Film Adaptations
- Booknut101's post about March Book Mail
- Ivey's post about Her Thoughts on White Authors Writing about PoC
My review for: Queen Song and Steel Scars by Victoria Aveyard
My Bookish February Wrap-up
Book Haul: Surprisingly, I only bought one book this month? That's a first. My bookshelves thank me. Well I guess it's partially because I barely left my house. Here it is:
Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie. This was the new release I mentioned above and I can't wait to read it!
What I Read: I read eight books this month and I am so proud that I was able to reach that. I'm currently on track for my Goodreads goal so I'm content with that.
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas: 5/5. I'm so glad I finally got around to reading this. I love all of Sarah's books and I can't wait to read more in the future.
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery: 5/5. My friend read this just before I did and she made me interested so I decided to pick it up. It was such a quick, heart-warming read and I loved it! Maybe I'll even get around to seeing the movie (she said hopefully).
The Siren by Kiera Cass: 5/5. I gobbled this book up. I buddy read this with another friend and it was so great to have someone to sob with.
Queen Song by Victoria Aveyard: 3/5. I bought Cruel Crown in February so I finally got around to reading these novellas. This one was my favourite of the two in the bind-up. You can find my review for both linked above.
Steel Scars by Victoria Aveyard: 2.5/5. I didn't like this novella as much because I didn't like Farely's narrative. I did like getting to see more of Shade though.
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard: 4/5. I decided to continue on and read Glass Sword. If you didn't know, I wasn't the biggest fan of Red Queen but I was surprised by this book. I didn't love it but it was definitely an improvement from the first one and I'm looking forward to seeing where this series is going.
Macbeth by William Shakespeare: 3/5. This was a book I had to read for school. I liked it more than Romeo and Juliet but his books just aren't my cup of tea.
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas: 5/5. This book gets all the stars. I'm so happy I finally read it and I don't know why I waited so long. This book made me a mess with emotions and I love Maas's writing so much. Ugh, just beautiful.
I don't have any new authors to talk about this month that I read. I just stuck with those I loved because I was so busy and didn't have time to experiment.
Favourite Book Fanart:
I just had to pick one from Throne of Glass because I am still a mess of emotions.
Thanks for reading!