Sunday 5 June 2016

May Bookish Wrap-up!

May was definitely a more successful month for me book-wise. For some reason, I was able to plow through more books than I thought I'd be able to, and I was looking forward to reading for the whole month. These last few months, school has left me so drained I don't even have energy to read. The torture! Okay, this is getting rambly I'm just going to dive on in.

Favourite New Releases:
  1. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. The queen's new book has arrived! I can't wait to find out what goes on in this book because I've heard so many things! (This is also what I'm currently reading.)
  2. The Crown by Kiera Cass. This is the fifth and final book in the Selection series and so many tears were shed when I read this book. It's become such a large part of my reading life and will always have a special place in my heart as one of the first YA books I ever picked up. (Also, story time: my friend and I literally called every bookstore in the area hunting for this book because no one had it but then we ended up finding it on sale!)
  3. The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye. I've heard so many good things about this book. It's also set it Russia. An instant buy, basically.
  4. Ruined by Amy Tintera. I loved her Reboot duology so I'm beyond excited to pick this up and see how well she writes fantasy! Another book I've heard so many good things about.
  5. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. New Morgan Matson book! I'm ready for cuteness and squeals of joy!
Favourite Posts from Other Bloggers:
I've had more time to browse around the internet and read more posts this month. Well...I only really have one post but it's more than last month so I'm counting that as an accomplishment.

Cait (Paper Fury)'s  post on 10 dreadful things that will happen if you read too much

My Blog Posts:
Success! I managed to post three reviews this month! *gives self a pat on the back*

My review for: That Boy by Jillian Dodd 
My review for: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard 
My review for: Queen of Shadows by the Queen Herself Sarah J. Maas 

Book Haul:
I bought a lot of books this month and may have broken my book-buying ban...whoops?

  • The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh- I am in love with Khalid.
  • Me Before You by Jojo Moyes- I bought this to read before watching the movie and there were tears everywhere it's ridiculous.
  • A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas- This one is huge and I love it. Can't wait to finish it and write out all my thoughts!
  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys- My friend raves about this book so I'm really excited to read it myself. Also, I saw a video where the author explains everything that went into writing this and it was so heartbreaking yet beautiful I may have cried and I can't wait to read this now.
What I Read: I read nine books this month. I'm so proud of myself.
Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking. 4/5. This is the second book in the Kanen Chronicles series. I loved how this book continued on the events of the first one. I definitely enjoyed this series more than the Trylle trilogy. Amanda Hocking's books are so addicting.
The Crown by Kiera Cass. 5/5. I'm so sad this series is over. My heart hurts just thinking about it. I love Kiera Cass and I can't wait to read more of her books in the future.
Crystal Kingdom by Amanda Hocking. 4.5/5. This one was my favourite book in the series. I loved the action and the mystery and all the twists. I was also very happy with how everything ended.
Consequence by Shelly Crane. 5/5. This is a novella that bridges the gap between the Significance series, and the series that follows this children of the main characters. Do I even need to talk about how good this was? It's pretty much a given with these books to me.
That Boy by Jillian Dodd. 2/5. Did not like. Would not recommend. I just found the writing and the main character to be incredibly immature. If you love contemporary romance maybe you should give this a shot, but it just wasn't for me.
Tuesday's with Morrie by Mitch Albom. 5/5. This is my favourite book that I have had to read for school. It just had me feeling all of the things. I love how after reading this, it feels like you know Morrie, like he's your friend too. I was reading this is class and trying to hold in my tears at the end because it was so beautiful!
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. 4/5. I read this at the same time as my friend. We were both a little hesitant going into it because it was hard to adjust to the world but then by the end we loved it and became obsessed!
The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh. 5/5. This book was perfect. Perfect. I can't express my emotions clearly I love this series so much.
Me Before you by Jojo Moyes. 4/5. This book made me ugly cry. I was both sad and mad and I really commend Jojo for being able to make me feel so many emotions and for making me love her characters so much.

Favourite New Author: Hands down Renee Ahdieh. I loved the Wrath and the Dawn duology. I will literally read anything she writes now. I think her books will be at least in the top three of my favourite books of the year so far. I'm not even kidding I still think about this world and what the characters are doing after finishing the series. This rarely happens and I don't know what to do. She's so good at writing twists I never knew who to trust and I loved it!

Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts