Monday 21 December 2015

E-books: My Likes and Dislikes

The third day of daily posts is here! Today's post is going to be all about e-books! I have so many thoughts on e-books so I thought I'd share them in a blog post.


When reading I prefer the medium of physical books. (Whether I prefer hardbacks or paperbacks is a whole different story!) I just like being able to hold the book in my hands and turn the pages myself. There's something about the feel of a book in your hands that makes the reading experience so much better.

I don't like reading from e-books because if I'm reading and I notice something that ties into an event earlier on in the story, I can't flip back to the beginning to reread what happened. And this happens a lot so I find that frustrating.

I also don't prefer e-books because I love looking at all the books lined up on my shelf. As weird as it may sound, it makes me so happy to just look at my shelves and see all my beautiful books. With my e-reader, I just keep it in a drawer and only get to see the books when I turn it on and open the library.

Another thing about e-books I don't like is that when my battery is running low on my e-reader, I have to stop reading so I can charge it. When my e-reader charges, it doesn't let me read at the same time. It also takes a really long time to finish charging so I have to wait forever before I can continue reading. This gets annoying when you just reached a huge plot twist and need to find out if your favourite character gets to live.

Something I do like about e-books is that they are generally a lot cheaper than physical books. I can buy more e-books than I can physical books so it's usually a better bang for my buck there.

I also like e-books because e-readers are small and easy to travel with. I can just slip it in my purse and take it with me anywhere and have a whole bunch of books to chose from. And I can connect to the internet on it as well so I can purchase a new book anytime I want as long as I have access to Wi-Fi.

Those are some of my thoughts on e-books. Do you love or hate them? Share your thoughts, I'd love to know your opinion!

Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts