Saturday 19 December 2015

My Top 5 Underrated Books


Welcome do Day 1 of Daily Post Week! (Such a creative name-I know). Today I wanted to discuss some of my favourite underrated books! These are great books that I think can be loved by everyone! I hope this post gives you some more books to add to your Christmas wish list because they're all fantastic!


5. Alienated by Melissa Landers
This is the first book in a sci-fi trilogy. It's basically about an alien exchange program. I loved the first two books because they are so fast paced and funny! These are definitely books that anyone can read because it isn't heavy on world building and the dialogue between the main characters Cara and Aelyx is so comical at times I had no choice but to laugh out loud. While these books are pretty popular, they don't get nearly enough buzz as some other equally as good books. I highly recommend these books especially, for fans of the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.



4. Zodiac by Romina Russell
This is the first book in a sci-fi/ fantasy trilogy. The second book, Wandering Star, just came out a few weeks ago and I can't wait to get my hands on it! I loved this book because it was so interesting and unique! I've never read anything like it! From the title you can probably tell that it's about Zodiac signs; each sign is a planet in this solar system. Even though it takes place in space, it does have quite a few fantasy elements that I found so intriguing! There is definitely a lot of mystery and plot twists in this book, so I definitely recommend it if you love mystery stories. I also loved how strong the main character, Rho, is. Her story is so different from many other female leads I've read about. Definitely a must read!

3. Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott
This one has been pretty popular with a few people I follow so that's how I found out about it. It's described as The Hunger Games meets Pokémon and I can't tell you how accurate that description is. I flew through this book in a few hours and I had so much fun reading it! I can't wait to pick up the second one! This is definitely a book for fans of adventure! It's basically the perfect YA book and I think anyone will enjoy it!





2. Wake by Amanda Hocking
When I picked up this book, I did not expect to become completely obsessed with this series. I binge read the whole series in a week because I couldn't put them down. This series is about Sirens and I've never read a book about that before this one. I became completely engrossed in the story and characters and could not stop for the life of me. This is definitely a great book to pick up if you're in a reading slump, or just looking for a good series you can marathon read! Highly recommend!




1. Splintered by A.G. Howard
How can I not mention this book? It's one of my favourites of all time. I picked this book up when it first came out on a whim because I loved the cover. Then I read the story and became completely obsessed. This book has allowed me to meet so many lovely other booknerds who are just obsessed with this book as I am! This series is about the great-great-great-granddaughter of Alice Liddell. It's so dark and mysterious and if that doesn't sell you well there's also Morpheus. If you haven't picked this book up already I seriously think you should because it's so much fun and such a great story!



I hope this list was helpful in finding you a new book to read. Let me know some of your favourite underrated books!

Thanks for reading!
~Birdie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts